Sometime at the beginning of this week my Codeplex repository for Snowball busted. I wrote them and hoped they would fix it asap. As of this writing it is still not fixed and I have not had any response from them.
So I then decided to try and pump my source code up to github. Although I was successful with the help of hg-git, eventually my local repository became corrupt. All the code in the working directory was ok of course, but I was unable to make any commits to the repo. I pulled the latest backup I had locally of the repository and decided just to fork off from there.
I then decided to give Bitbucket a try. I figure the more options the better. I still really like the way Codeplex is set up. I like the social aspect of github but codeplex seems more structured to me.
Going forward I’ll try to keep the code updated in all 3 places. Pushing to github is not a huge priority to me as it can be a little tricky pushing from mercurial to git, but I will try my best.
I’ve added a Samples folder to the repo now which I hope will help provide some kind of how to get started. The Walking Wizard sample shows the basics of getting a sprite of the screen and making it move with the keyboard.